Thursday, September 9, 2010

Endless....

Did you see the clouds today? I did. They were endless...white tones, with splashes of gray and layers of blue throughout them. Out on the open road I saw changing shapes and flowing patterns of anything and everything imaginable. There was a turtle, a whale, a submarine, ducks, a pirate ship, even one of a puppy...there was also a cloud shaped like a baby. Whatever you could imagine you could capture it in the clouds today.....

I also saw a man in a waiting room today. He was in a wheelchair. The nursing home facility had a driver drop him off an hour before his scheduled appointment. He had been waiting for an hour and a half, alone. The home sent no aid, yet he could barely speak, a stroke or parkinson patient I assumed. It seems as if he did not have much of his mental capacity left. His ability to think and speak was barely there, and yet no aid. This was not his CHOICE...like so many things in life.

I wrote a quote down the other day about hopes and dreams. To dream is to imagine....and even the slightest bit of that can carry hope. Every child has this gift at a young age...they imagine, which gives them the ability to dream of the hopes and possibilities. Somewhere along the way as I grew older in life I felt like someone stole my ability to dream, to hope. It was my trust that was stolen...I looked everywhere. Searching high and low for that trust...I sought doctors advice, the wisdom from family and friends, and from the world around. It wasn't until I stopped searching that I found it...trust was always within. The choice to dream about the shapes in the clouds was always there inside. Once I began to trust, I began to hope. A child can teach us so much...how to dream, how to live in the moment, and to hope for anything in life. It's that hope that resides within us all..it's choosing to trust in that hope, which only comes from within. The choice to hope...the choice to trust...and the choice to dream.

"The inability to open up to hope is what blocks trust, and blocked trust is the reason for blighted dreams."

2 comments:

  1. "This was not his choice. Like so many things in life". The man in the waiting room can't trust any more. What shall he do. How will HE be helped?

    ReplyDelete
  2. His trust has been broken. In order for trust to begin again, I can listen. By listening, those around me in the waiting room may feel empowered to listen, this gesture of love may make him feel heard and not invisible.

    ReplyDelete