Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Eat Pray Love.....And.....

I went tonight to see the movie Eat Pray Love, with my mother. I walked out with a feeling of hope. Unlike the many critics of this movie, I had not read the book yet. It was in many ways a typical Hollywood movie, however, I could feel the authors emotions in the script. I understood her quest to become who she could be. And to lose the parts of her that she thought she needed, most of all fear. I am sure that many women who read this book connected with her on so many different levels. Letting go of love, letting go of those extra fifteen pounds, letting go of the life she thought she was "supposed" to have someday. In the film they say "To lose balance sometimes for love is part of living a balanced life."

When we made our choice to move forward with our adoption plan, things around me started to change. I began to find love in unexpected places in life. Places that Andrew has always shown me, like the gophers that he always finds on the edge of the road....the red tail hawks....the small road near our busy street full of thirty or so deer at sunset. I began to see what he has helped me see for so many years...the world around me. Andrew is a surfer. He is connected to life in a way that has brought me peace and imagination. His way of life has allowed me the possibility to dream more, to see the world around me differently and most of all to love.

This year when we decided our path together in adoption I lost balance because our decision was out of such a strong love....for each other...for our child...and for our dreams. I did lose balance this year for love, and I see now what that has given me. In the movie a friend tells Elizabeth to take the noise out of her head and let the love come in....I know that to be true. It's possible for us all to do when we let go of the fear. Love is all around us...

2 comments:

  1. I finally caught up with my email and internet and am happy to read your blog. I feel like I am sitting with you and listening to you speak. You both are loved and we can't wait until you are blessed with your child and that child will be so lucky to have you two for parents. You are full of life, experience and love. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen...By putting your heart out there on here for me to read it is another part of our experience...Your words mean so much to me and this process continues to give me strength, love, faith and hope. Thank you for connecting to this journey...its been awesome since we found our way. I am glad to have you on board with us too!

    ReplyDelete