Tuesday, August 31, 2010

L-I-V-E

Over the past six months during our home-study process Andrew and I have LEARNED so much about ourselves, our strength, and our love. Since July, I have been sharing my story with you all and the words of kindness have been so wonderful. To continue to SHARE I would like to fill you in on where we are in our adoption journey.....We have spent the past two weeks working on our picture profile; sharing the story of us for the birth-mothers who come to the agency. As of tomorrow we will be officially finished home-study, dropping our last piece of papers to the agency. We LEARNED that this means we are "paper pregnant", its a term the social workers like to use. "Paper pregnant"....means that the next time we speak to the agency, will be when we are selected as the parents by a birth-mother. Regardless of how it happens, it is going to happen. Since there is no more work to do on our end through the agency.... I could sit around and twiddle my thumbs and wait, or I can LIVE.

In order to live, I need to follow my heart....Hope now exists for me in life, I want to use it to inspire those whose hope has faded. There was the time when a baby store was my enemy...a pregnant woman was my envy..... There once was a woman who use to cry at Juno, and now I don't search for my life in a movie...cause it's real.

I realize now how to begin the announcement for the group that I am starting at my parish: LIVE, LEARN & SHARE in the journey of adoption: For couples who have, who are interested in or who are hesitant to walk in this path....

No comments:

Post a Comment