Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It feels good...

So as I move forward each day daring to make small changes to contribute to my way of life, I began today by focusing on my animal shelter project. What could I do besides drop off my own blankets and get friends to help the shelter?? I decided to put together a blanket drive in my offices that I do business during the day with in my career. It feels great to be able to utilize my ideas in my job with those around me and make a greater impact. So over the course of the next month, I will be taking any old blankets that the office staff bring in and delivering to local animal shelters. Every little bit will help.

I also went to the County Shelter on my way home from work. It was a treacherous day here, there were severe thunderstorms everywhere and it was taking me so long just to get home. I realized that I wanted to get off the roads and go home so badly. However, taking my blankets to the shelter was my game plan today, so I stuck to it. That felt good too, knowing that I could have put a good deed off until tomorrow, why wait. It only takes a small good deed a day to change the life of someone around you.

I also had a chance to stop at the local VA drop boxes and take the pillows that the animal shelter could not take in. One extra small deed came out of the day unexpectedly. That felt good.

So the real truth of adopting this way of life is continuing to do it, come rain or shine. Knowing that there is somebody out there each day waiting for one small good deed and that waiting until tomorrow may feel like a lifetime for them. Tonight, hopefully there are two dogs that will get to cuddle up with the blankets that I left today, it feels good.

What will I bring to tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment