Friday, July 9, 2010

To begin again....again....and again

So this is my first go at "blogging". I will be honest that I was completely "anti-blogging" until today. I saw a dear friend who had just gone through a very traumatic spinal cord injury. His body is not the way it used to be, although his mind is stronger and more powerful than ever from his experience. It was amazing to sit with him today and eventually discuss how "I" was doing, I found this difficult at first. However, I realized through our discussion that he was benefiting from helping me uncover the truest form of myself, just as much as I have over these past three years. He told me to "blog" about my experiences, especially the part about our adoption experience. I was surprised of his suggestion to "blog", I thought it would be the last piece of advice he would give me today. Instead of thinking about this piece of advice, I am doing it.

I have been on this "Adoption Journey" for over ten years now. My life has taken me on so many different paths that seemed so desolate and unlike the rest of those around me. I have realized over the last several years that my life has its own meaning, its own road to travel. Most of us have our own road to travel, its just that we are sometimes scared to do it. I have realized now that life is trying to tell me something, just like it does the rest of the world. Its whether I want to listen to it or not, that is the question.

So today, I am listening. Today, I am starting my blog. To begin again.....again....and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment