Monday, July 19, 2010

Mom squared.....

So today my mother asked me if I wanted to go look at baby furniture with her this evening. My mom is probably one of the most caring, loving and outgoing people I know. She has been such an amazing role model for me as a mother. She managed to go back to college when my brother and I were young to get her degree. She juggled so many hats, working part-time, college and being a mom, although what always came first was her children. She is my mom and my best friend. People who meet us on the street ask if we are sisters, you know she loves that one! She's about six inches shorter than me too, I call her my mini-me....

Andrew and I took a trip on Mother's Day this year for the first time ever to look at baby furniture, it was a symbolic day to continue to let the walls down and imagine our lives with our child. There were many new emotions that came to me in the store that day and I still feel them, for I allowed myself to feel this new world upon us, and that is good.

When my mom asked me to go today, I knew a part of it was for her, and I was so glad to say yes. Of course, it was for me too! It was so cool to walk around the stores with her and let our imaginations run picturing our front bedroom certain ways. Throughout this process of adoption, Andrew and I have had many meetings and lots of paperwork to participate in and we feel that we have been progressing. My mom has only heard how the meetings were and read some of the papers, however she isn't watching my belly get bigger, its a different perspective. Kinda glad about that belly thing! She was ready to let herself imagine life as a grandmother today, it was such an amazing moment to picture her as one today too, truly. I am so lucky to have a mother and father who have been so supportive, loving and have embraced our way of life. It was full of many different emotions at first, and that is ok, they are on board for the ride and loving every minute of it.

By the way, its awesome how many offices are responding to my blanket drive, one day at a time! I go into the nursing tomorrow to drop off my physical and get my TB test...I am definitely bringing a few items for the folks there like puzzles and nail polish. I will stick to the basic colors for the ladies polish, no crazy greens or purples....or maybe???

I love my Mom, and imagined life as a Mom with My Mom today.....Mom squared, what a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment